Students will spend one semester (15 weeks) in full-time teaching activities under the supervision of a classroom teacher in elementary, middle and/or secondary schools. Guidelines for submission to student teaching are as follows:
- Students must be recommended by their academic advisor before submitting their applications to Berderia Fuller, the Coordinator of Student Teaching.
- Deadlines for submitting student teaching applications are September 15 for students applying to student teach spring semester and January 15 for students applying to student teach fall semester.
- Students must be members in good standing in the Teacher Education Program prior to submitting the student teaching application.
- Students must have a minimum score of three on each component on both the MAP and the Dispositions Evaluations.
- Students must complete all courses related to major with a grade of "C" or better unless otherwise approved by the program coordinator. Students need to contact their program coordinators for specific information regarding the approval process.
- Students may not hold outside employment during the semester of student teaching without permission from the coordinator of student teaching.
- Students must hold current CPR/First Aid certificates and provide the Office of College Education and Health Professions Student Advising and Field Experiences proof of liability insurance before being allowed to register for student teaching course(s).
- Students who apply for student teaching must not have previously withdrawn from, been denied admission to, and/or been removed from student teaching at CSU or another institution unless otherwise approved by the coordinator of student teaching.
- Spring 2018 Student Teaching and Clinical Experience III Handbook
- Student Teaching Statement of Understanding
Students will submit the student teaching application to their advisor and/or program coordinator for approval electronically (via email). The advisor/program coordinator will approve the application and then submit it to the Coordinator of Student Teaching electronically (via email).
All questions regarding Student Teaching should be e-mailed to Berderia Fuller, Coordinator of Student Teaching, at email@example.com , or call 706-565-1432.